2021 was the year I really threw everything into Cotswold Poster Co, and it has seen some positive growth. It’s still a small business run from home but it’s showing some signs of growing into a long-lasting one.
Thank you to everyone who bought a poster or card or magnet from me and has helped support a local, eco-friendly business.
There’s a lot to do in 2022 but here are some numbers from last year.
- 4221 individual products sold in total through the website and to stores – an 80% increase on 2020.
- Over 18,500 website visits, an increase of 70% on 2021 with a 45% increase in website sales.
- A gradual switch to recycled paper so that by the end of the year 75% of A3 prints, 90% of A4 prints and 100% of 5x7 prints in stock are printed on recycled paper.
- The top 5 biggest sellers on the website were dominated by the Stroud area:
- Stroud 2022 Calendar
- Cirencester Church A4 poster
- Selsley Common A4 poster
- Nailsworth A4 poster
- Minchinhampton Common A4 poster
- 22 brand new designs created along with 8 refreshes or special editions. The biggest selling new poster of 2021: GWSR Stanway Viaduct Poster.
- The all time total of money raised for the Wildlife Trusts taken to over £800.
- 600 eco-friendly A4 envelopes (aka mailjackets) purchased.
- The first time doing the Cotswold Show, which was a big success and have already booked to be back in 2022 – put 2/3 July in your diaries when I’ll be back with even more posters!
Happy New Year!