The global pandemic of COVID-19 has meant changes to almost everything. I'll get to the point in explaining what's changed for Cotswold Poster Co and the precautions I'm taking to prevent any spread of the virus:
- Firstly, I do not have any symptoms of the virus. Despite this we know that carries can be asymptomatic so before packaging the products up to send out I will use soap to thoroughly wash my hands as per government guidelines.
- The latest research (original paper here) tells us that the virus can only survive for 24 hours on cardboard and up to 72 hours on plastic. Whilst I don't use any plastic in the packaging, the biodegradable wraps have a very similar surface quality and therefore I will stop using them. As a result all packaging will now be paper or cardboard to prevent any accidental spread. There is a possibility that postal workers could infect the package so for additional precaution you could leave the envelope 24 hours before opening.
- As borders have closed across the world and it's becoming unclear what will get through, international orders are suspended for now. I don't want people to order something and then not be able to get it. All seems to be working fine with the Post Office in the UK.
- As order numbers have already fallen and I expect them to be lower for the foreseeable future I won't be investing in any new stock for now. I'm well stocked in almost all designs at the moment and will keep the website accurately updated with what is in and out of stock.
- You can shop for all the products right here!
Obviously the situation is fluid and I'll update things as and when it's relevant.